If you are preparing for surgery, healing from surgery, undergoing treatments, and/ or need a moment to breathe a little easier, meditating and doing basic yoga even for five minutes have countless health benefits for your mind and soul. It is also a wonderful practice to share with your children.
1. Protects your heart and helps increase blood flow.
2. Twenty minutes of yoga improves the brain’s ability to quickly and accurately process information and be more focused.
3. Reduces stress and reduces your adrenal glands. This helps lower cortisol levels. The adrenal glands secrete cortisol in response to an acute crisis, which temporarily boosts immune function. However, If your cortisol levels stay high it can compromise the immune system
4. Boosts immunity by draining your lymph nodes and helps prevent the flu.
5. Better breathing and posture.
6. Improves bone strength.
7. Drops your blood pressure and Lowers sugar levels.
8. Maintains your nervous system.
9. Helps release tension in your body, limbs, and aids to better sleep.
10. Eases pain and provides peace of mind.
Additional Resources to learn more:
If your child is sick: